251-968-6222 Wednesday |

Gulf Shores Marriage License Information

In order to get married in the state of Alabama, you must buy a marriage license at the office of any probate judge in the state. The license does NOT have to be purchased in the same county where you plan to get married. 

Marriage licenses are not available for purchase in Gulf Shores or Foley.

  • Both must be present to purchase license
  • Present a picture ID
  • Present Social Security number
  • Be 18 years of age or older
  • Out of County personal checks are not accepted for license fee

If either of you has been married previously, you should contact the Probate Office where you plan to purchase your license for their specific requirements as this varies in each county. There are no blood tests, witnesses, or waiting period requirements in Alabama.  License is valid for 30 days from date of purchase. After your ceremony Gulf Shores Wedding Chapel will attend to the legal filing of your marriage license in the Probate Judge’s Office in which you purchased your license.

Bride And Groom 1 Krg 107

Call 251-968-6222 so we can make your dreams come true.